Chocolate Toffee Brownies
115g Dark Chocolate
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
80g Dark Soft Sugar
30g Plain Flour
Pinch of Baking Powder
50g Toasted Flaked Almonds (optional)
- Toast almonds
- Melt chocolate and butter over a water basin.
- Whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla until thick and foamy.
- Stir melted chocolate butter into the sugar mix.
- Fold in sieved flour and baking powder.
- Lastly fold in toasted almonds
- Pour into a grease proof layered tin (4-inch square)
- Bake at 160 C for about 15 min, reduce heat to 140C and bake for a further 10-15 min.
- Chill in the tin, remove from the tin once the brownie is cold and turn over.
- Glaze with dark chocolate ganach and once the ganach has set cut into small pieces.
80 ml double cream
80g of dark of chocolate
- Chop chocolate into small pieces
- Boil cream and poor over the chocolate
- Let stand for about one minute and gently combine with a whisk
- Pour over the chilled chocolate brownie.